Surrogacy in Mohali & Chandigarh: The rising awareness of surrogacy and child adoption process being legally complicated many couples around the world travel to India to fulfill their dream of parenthood, via gestational surrogacy. You can find leading provider of surrogacy in Mohali and Chandigarh.
Although the first surrogate baby was born in 1994, in India, but surrogacy caught the world’s attention when in the U.K. an Indian woman delivered a surrogate child for her daughter. It further gained popularity in 2007 when Oprah Winfrey in her television show featured American couple having a baby with the help of surrogate mother in India.
Thousands of couple have found the joy of parenthood via surrogacy.
What is surrogacy?
It is an agreement between a woman and couple or an individual who wants to have a child of their own. It means to rent the womb to carry and deliver the baby for someone else.
Surrogacy opts when a woman fails to conceive by various options, have experienced multiple pregnancy losses, and multiple failed IVF attempts. You can get surrogacy in Chandigarh at affordable cost.
There are two kinds of Surrogate mothers:
- Traditional surrogate- A woman is artificially inseminated with father’s sperm; she carries and delivers the baby for the parents. A traditional surrogate is genetically related to the baby because her egg is used for fertilization. Donor sperms can also be used.
- Gestational surrogate- Harvested eggs from the female are fertilized by the sperm from the male artificially, and then the embryo is placed into the uterus of the gestational surrogate. The surrogate then carries the baby until birth. A gestational surrogate has no genetic relation to the child.
Why surrogacy costs less in India?
The cost of surrogacy in Mohali and Chandigarh is low. The cost is lower in India due to
- Lower cost of living
- Affordable medical education
Who uses Surrogates?
A woman can decide to use Surrogate for several reasons:
- Facing medical problems with her uterus
- Undergone hysterectomy that removed her uterus
- Conditions that make pregnancy risky
- Unsuccessful to get pregnant with variety of assisted reproduction techniques
Choosing a Surrogate
There are no regulations as to who can be a surrogate, but few criteria’s are given by the experts
- A surrogate should be at least 21 years old
- Has given birth to healthy baby before
- Passed a psychological screening
- Sign a contract agreeing to her role and responsibilities in the pregnancy.
Is surrogacy legal in (Chandigarh & Mohali) India?
Commercial surrogacy in Chandigarh & Mohali is legal. In India it is legal since 2002. India is emerging a leader in international surrogacy and a popular destination in surrogacy related fertility tourism. Surrogacy is practiced under the guidelines set by the Medical Council of India. The law commission of India has particularly reviewed the surrogacy law keeping in mind that India is an International Surrogacy destination. Surrogacy in Chandigarh, India is comparatively lower in cost and the legal environment is favorable.