ICSI Treatment Center Chandigarh India
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection is an assisted reproductive technology (ART) used in the treatment of sperm-related infertility problems. ICSI Treatment Center Chandigarh is available to offer treatment to the patients looking for the same. The technology was introduced in 1992.
ICSI is used to improve fertilization phase of in vitro fertilization (IVF) by injecting a single sperm into the matured egg for fertilization. The fertilized egg is then placed in the woman’s uterus for normal growth.
This procedure is commonly used to overcome male infertility issues.
How is it performed?
For the Female:
- Take drugs to stimulate ovulation
- Eggs are collected and injected with your partner’s (or donor’s) sperm
- Fertilized eggs are transferred to your womb after 2-3 days
- Pregnancy test on a set date.
For the Male:
- Sperm collection and their examination under microscope. If quality is determined to be fine and it can be collected on the same day as the egg from the female, proceed to step 2. Otherwise, call for donor sperms.
- Sperm collection from the epididymis or testicles
- Injection of sperms into the collected eggs, and a chance of fertilization!
On the day of the procedure:
- The specialized pipette is used to hold the mature egg.
- A single sperm is immobilized and picked up using a delicate, sharp and hollow needle.
- the needle is carefully inserted through the shell of the egg into the cytoplasm.
- Sperm is injected into the cytoplasm and the needle is removed.
- Eggs are checked the next day for confirmation of normal fertilization.
if the sperm count is zero:
In cases of vasectomy, the sperm can be retrieved from the testicles (testicular sperm extraction or TESA) or epididymis (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration or PESA).
However, if the sperm count is zero for any other reason, consider Donor Insemination or In-vitro fertilization.”
Once the process is complete and fertilization is successful, the embryo is transferred to woman’s uterus. The fertility specialist at ICSI treatment centers in Chandigarh use transvaginal ultrasound and blood tests for determination of implantation and pregnancy.
Pregnancy rate is higher for IVF procedures with ICSI than for IVF without ICSI. The success rates vary according to
- Every individual case
- The ICSI technique used
- Skills of the doctor or specialist
- Overall quality of the laboratory
- Quality of the eggs