Understanding Infertility- means when you are trying to get pregnant, with frequent intercourse for at least a year and no success. Female infertility, male infertility or a combination of the two affects millions of couples in the India.
About one -third of time female factors are responsible for infertility and one -third of time male factors are responsible. For rest of the cases either the cause is unknown or the combination of both.
It is not very easy to diagnose female infertility. But by knowing the cause of infertility, many options are available for a successful treatment in India.
Symptoms of Female Infertility
- Major symptom of infertility is you are not get pregnant even after frequent intercourse for a year.
- Menstrual cycle that’s too long -35 days or more.
- Menstrual cycle that’s too short -less than 21 days).
- Irregular or absent mensural cycle means that you’re not ovulating.
When you should consult your doctor:
- AGE- Up to age 35, most doctors recommends trying to get pregnant for at least a year before undergoing any treatment.
- AGE-between 35- 40-Consult your doctor after six months of trying.
- Older than 40, Your doctor may start with testing and treatment immediately.
Factors essential to become pregnant:
- Healthy Ovulation: Your doctor can help evaluate your menstrual cycles and confirm ovulation.
- Quality of partner’s- Your doctor will suggests some tests to check the health of your partner’s sperm.
- You should have regular intercourse during fertile time. Your doctor can guide when you’re most fertile.
- Fallopian tubes and uterus should be normal.
Risk factors put you at higher risk of pregnancy
- Age. Age effects the quality & quantity of woman’s egg. This results in difficulty in conception & increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Smoking. Can damage cervix, fallopian tubes and also increases the risk of miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy.
- Weight. If you are overweight or underweight it may effect your normal ovulation cycle.
- Sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea may damage the fallopian tubes. Even unprotected intercourse with multiple partners puts you at the risk of a sexually transmitted infection.
- Heavy alcohol intake.
- You should maintain a normal weight.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Reduce stress.
- Limit caffeine. About one to two cups of 6 to 8 ounces of coffee per day.
Best infertility clinic in Chandigarh Jannee fertility centre will counsel the couple for the same. If you have any query, you can comment below. We will happy to answer it.